Why should a novel writer devote precious writing time to short stories? After five novel drafts, two years of submitting shorter fiction, and seven publications, here are my reasons.
- Do Something With All Those Ideas
- Understand the Impact of Every Edit
- Feel A Sense of Completion More Often
- Practice Finding Comps
- Strengthen Your Query Letters
- Give More Than One Story A Chance
Read my guest post over at The Spun Yarn for how and why I juggle multiple projects, even when one is something as ambitious as a novel draft.