Listen to LitQuake 2015’s The Art of the Novel
by Arthur Klepchukov
Last month I attended LitQuake 2015’s excellent panel, The Art of the Novel. Thanks to Alex Green for moderating Cristina García, Bruce Bauman, Alexis Landau, and Tiffany Baker. This panel was the same format as my previous post, The Art of the Short Story.
Interesting questions posed to the panelists:
- How do you know an idea is a book?
- Why are synopses so hard? How do they compare to outlines?
- Are the character voices you hear simply your voice?
- Where does the research end and the art begin?
- Do your characters process what you’re trying to process?
Listen to the audio of the panel below.
If you were in attendance and had your own takeaways, please feel free to add a comment.